Every day in the United States nearly 10,000 seniors turn 65. While around 1 million Americans are currently living in senior communities, a majority of those entering their elder years are hoping to age comfortably in their own homes. For some, this may be difficult to do alone, especially if special care is required; however, an in home care service is working to change this for the better by enabling seniors to receive the care they need in the comfort of their homes.
The Benefits of In-Home Care Services
Senior care services can offer a great many benefits to families and they can help ensure that aging loved ones are cared for, without the need for being moved to an unfamiliar community. A few of the most significant benefits senior home care can provide include:
- A Familiar Setting: Being able to stay in the home that they know and are comfortable in can be a huge benefit in and of itself. This can be especially true for those struggling with cognitive impairments such as Alzheimer’s or Dementia, as the familiar setting can help them get on better throughout the day. It can also help prevent unnecessary confusion that can come from being moved into an unfamiliar location. Even those not struggling with these conditions can benefit emotionally, as they’ll feel safer and more comfortable in their own home.
- Help with Basic Tasks: One of the most common reasons seniors move to Assisted Living communities is due to increased trouble handling daily tasks on their own. However, in-home care services can help alleviate this burden by assisting with daily chores and ensuring that seniors can continue their routines as normal as possible. This can include help with light cleaning, meal preparation, medication reminders, shopping, and personal hygiene. By having in-home help with these basic needs, your loved one can continue living the way they want to.
- One on One Care: In senior care facilities oftentimes staff can be stretched thin. This means that your loved one may not receive the one on one care that they need and deserve. In-home care services prevent this issue by ensuring that your loved one is their primary focus. Caregivers don’t have to worry about bouncing between multiple patients and can instead devote their time to helping with tasks, medications, hygiene concerns, or emotional support.
- Socialization: Too often seniors can begin to feel lonely due to a lack of socialization. While it would be nice to be able to visit every day, oftentimes this isn’t feasible for busy families. Fortunately, an in-home care professional can help by providing a friendly face to interact with and talk to. This can be essential for helping maintain your loved one’s mental health, and it can ensure that they never have to run the risk of feeling lonely. Emotional support like this is crucial, and is one benefit that shouldn’t be overlooked.
- Peace of Mind: As stated above, we’d all love to be able to be there for our aging loved ones every day; however, in a busy world this just isn’t feasible. In-home care services can help bring you peace of mind by ensuring that you won’t have to worry about your loved one when you can’t be there. You’ll be able to trust that they are getting the care that they need, while also being able to enjoy the freedom that comes with being able to stay in their own homes.
If you have a loved one who is beginning to need more help to get around, consider the benefits in-home care can offer. Not only will it allow them to stay in their own homes, but it can allow them to receive the personalized care that they need and deserve.