The right caregiver can make all the difference in the world when it comes to helping seniors manage heart disease. Here’s how a good caregiver can help:
- Lower stress level. Lowering stress is a great way to manage heart disease.
- Maintain a positive atmosphere. A home care provider can help make sure the home atmosphere for patients with heart disease is positive and uplifting.
- Support lifestyle changes. A home care provider can help his or her client implement lifestyle changes that were recommended by a physician to manage heart disease. They can also make sure that patients take medication and get exercise to manage their heart disease.
- Increase activity level. Whether recovering after surgery or just working to improve heart health, increasing your activity level is very important. A homecare provider can help make sure that a patient moves throughout the day and help develop or follow a program of activity or exercise for patients.
- Diet and Nutrition. A home care provider can help monitor diet and nutrition for patients with heart disease. Often home care providers can help with planning and preparing heart healthy meals.
A helpful, knowledgeable and supportive caregiver can make a positive impact on heart health. Whether you have suffered cardiac illness or are considered at risk, talk to your physician or contact us today to find out what doctor-designed home care can do for you.